soft

soft
natures fluff

WELCOME

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VIEWING MY BLOG, I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

Friday, January 14, 2011

ELDERS

As children we are told to listen to our elders and listen to their stories of old.
To learn what we may for they are our history and all may be gone some day.
I have taken this to heart and listened every chance I got.
Even when they thought I was far away my ears were tuned to every word they'd say.
Every story that could be heard I found myself hanging on every word.
My mind going back in time,looking, watching, seeing what they had seen,
hearing what they had heard. I listen to my elders drawing the pictures of the past.
I could see clearly everything at last.
The rivers and the hills where as children they once played.
I could smell the smells that they themselves once breathed,
and I ask myself how can this be. I was not there I was not yet born
but yet when Grandfather tells of the Calvary I can hear the horn.
The horses hooves upon the ground, the drums beat as it made its advancing sound.
The cries of the fallen soldiers,I can even hear the rebels yell.
I listen more intently to that words my Grandfather's stories tell.
We are told to listen to our Elders , to sit at bended knee and learn first hand about a part of our  history.

Michelle y Kelley
December 2010
Dedicated to my Grandm`er
you died a long time ago but your stories forever live on in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment